Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blueberry Muffins



I really liked these Blueberry muffins, however they taste nothing like a muffin. Andrew's coworkers were convinced I had made a mistake, but I am pretty sure I didn't. Andrew just said it was like eating butter. The batter was light and fluffy (I loved touching it). They were great little puffs when they first came out of the oven. But within minutes they had settled and a little concave dimple appeared on the top of each (really just a little pocket to hold some jam). These muffins are not pretty and the two I took to work were a crumbly mess. I am glad I went with paper cups. But I just loved them, and they got a good review from the people I split them with. I love butter biscuits and I think it was the fresh melted blueberries in a biscuit was the appeal to me.

By the way, I am so excited I have learned how to keep the mess in the kitchen down to a minimum. When beating butter, it stays in the bowl and off the walls. Only we found a weird spot on the living room carpet, it took some time, but it was identified as chocolate ganache, so apparently off the floor is the next hurdle.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you liked the muffins!
    Yeah, they are not the typical muffin recipe. It is more of a cake technique.
    Mine are just about to come out of the oven!
    Yum!
    P.S.Good job keeping the kitchen clean!

    ReplyDelete