Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tomato & Cheese Galette

Mmmm... I just woke up from my dairy induced coma. All that butter and cheese was just dreamy. Good thing there were tomatoes and I can pretend it was healthy.

I have no experience with Galettes. I wasn't 100% sure what it was.

My best description would be a croissant with garden freshness, and smothered in cheese. Yum!

Andrew didn't like it. I pushed him for details, but he just said it wasn't great and rather I didn't make it again. 

I used a food processor for the dough. I was concerned I would overwork it if I made it by hand.

There was an issue with the oven smoking. The high heat and oils dripping from the tray was a bit of an issue. We were surprised the smoke alarm didn't go off. Really happy the Galettes didn't have any charring. 

Overall the recipe was really easy and I loved the final results. I am definitely going to try a fruit Galette in the future. 

1 comment:

  1. How could Andrew not like this? I thought it was SOOOOOOOOOO delicious!!!
    Yours look so tasty!
    Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete