Saturday, March 28, 2009

Apple & Raspberry Galette

I needed a dish for a pot luck and decided a fruit Galette would be a great treat.

I was so impressed with the croissant texture the crust had when I made the Tomato & Cheese Galette, however this one was not the same at all.

I must have overworked the dough. When I was rolling out the dough I noticed it didn't have the big butter bits that remained last time. It must have happened so fast. Or I just needed a humbling experience as I was getting pretty cocky in my baking skills.

The crust was bready, not flakey. It was very tasty. I cut it into triangles and it was easy handheld apple pie. 

I sent some with Andrew to work, but he brought half back home. He said it was too good to share. Far cry from his dislike of the Tomato & Cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment