Sunday, June 7, 2009

Gingersnaps

These are a nice little treat. I can't wait to have one for breakfast tomorrow with a cup of tea. I really like soft gingerbread and that is exactly what I got. I added a little lemon frosting for some extra zing. Delicious.

However, these cookies were not the easy, quick treat I thought they would be. I started making them and realized that they needed to set in the fridge. Too bad I was on my way out of the house. So I packed everything up and took them with me. Baking in someone else’s kitchen is a fun adventure. You don't just know the oven and if there are hot spots like at home. Baking sheets were thicker than I am use to, and no parchment paper... eek! The cookies were always stuck to the counter, and then stuck to the baking sheet (I am lucky not to have blobs). They are called Gingersnaps so I assume they are supposed to be crispy. Mine are not. But I love them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment