Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cantuccini

Cantuccini is just a fancy word for biscotti I think. Those who like biscotti thought the cookies were tasty. Those who don't (Andrew and I) didn't.

I made two different kinds. One is the recipe exactly from the book which was almond, except whole wheat flour instead of white. The second variety was chocolate and toffee.

We didn't mind the almond ones. Andrew said the chocolate ones tasted like burnt chocolate chip cookies.

I was sulking I didn't have anything interesting to write about the cookies, so I decided to try dipping them in my tea. Wow, what a difference. The tea immediately got soaked in and the taste and texture of the cookies instantly changed. I will definitely be polishing off the rest with cups of tea.

The sludge left in the tea is pretty gross though.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Yeah, the sludge is pretty gross. It's awful when you forget that it's going to be there and then get a big old hit of it at the end. Bleuch!

    ReplyDelete