Saturday, June 20, 2009

Chorizo & Spinach Quiche

I had made the French Apple Tart last week and had a left over pie crust. We love quiche so much I thought it would be fun to recreate one of my favourite restaurant treats. I can't resist Chorizo sausage quiche at Auberge du Petit Prince (I even asked them to serve it at my wedding). Since there would be only two of us eating an entire quiche, I added the spinach for the illusion of healthy.

Wow was it good.

The reason for the post is to comment on the crust. As part of the French Apple Tart the crust was fine. Nothing special. However it is the perfect crust for a savory quiche. The crust held up well through reheating, and both Andrew and I commented on just how much better it tasted all around. The quiche was loaded with cheese and salty goodness, so I think a more buttery crust would have just been too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment