Monday, May 18, 2009

Boca Negra

I don't even know what to say. I am really surprised it tastes as good as it does, as it looks a little crazy. What a nightmare this cake was to make. Everything seemed so easy. The recipe was simple enough and easy to follow. I used the food processor and it took 2 minutes to assemble. I originally baked the cake as directed in a water bath, and was really excited after the 30 mins because it looked just like the instructions said it would, there was a nice crust on top and a fudge centre. Only after inverting on a plate, the entire bottom came rushing out and all over. I didn't want to waste all that chocolate so I did my best to put it back together. I submerged the crust in the raw batter and put it back in the oven, this time without the water bath. The cake started to rise and and crack. When I pulled the cake out of the oven the entire cake caved in on itself and away from the crusty edge.

The cake tasted good on its own. A fudgy decadent chocolate cake. I also enjoyed it with the white chocolate cream. Andrew enjoyed the cake, but thought the cream was horrible. I took some pieces (heaps of chocolate mess) over to a friends. When I woke up this morning at my friend's place I was happy to see most had been polished off. It doesn't look pretty, but it sure is tasty.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment