Sunday, August 22, 2010

Falafel Veggie Burgers

I am not sure why these are called burgers? The first batch we ate as sandwiches in pita pockets. The second batch I wrapped in the pita like a burrito as it made for easier portability for lunches.

These are a good lunch idea, but after 3 days we were ready to move on. I am sure I will make them again in the future as they are a great easy lunch idea. I just ran everything through the food processor, shaped, and baked!

The recipe as written in the book was a little dry. The "patty" was too crumbly and would fall everywhere. I loved the minty sour cream sauce and think it is essential to what makes these good. We both agreed there was potential, so I made a second batch and this time left out the breadcrumbs (and the mayo in the sauce). We both really like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment