Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sara Lisa's Iced Banana Cake

We love banana bread in this house, and I am always trying out recipes trying to find one that meets both our tastes. Andrew likes moist & banana-y, and I enjoy sweet & bread-y.

I have never tried the Sara Lee frozen cake, but I have to say this banana cake is awesome. We both loved it. Our only complaint was that the icing was very sweet and there was way too much. I will definitely be making this cake again and cutting the icing recipe in half.

The execution of the cake is very easy. The only problems I ran into was my lack of patience. I tend to bake early in the morning, or really late at night. I know I am suppose to wait until the cake is cool to icing it. But when you are very tired and just want to go to bed... you can pretty much convince yourself of anything...

The good thing about having most of the icing drip onto the counter is that it cut the recipe in half. The bad thing is that after licking icing off your finger trying to save it from the counter you end up with a midnight sugar rush.

Well here is my cake the next morning...


No comments:

Post a Comment