Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pistachio Ice Cream

This ice cream looks a bit grainy and dull in this picture, but in reality it was neither. It was creamy and delicious, and almond extract adds a bright fresh flavour. It was the easiest ice cream recipe ever and turned out wonderfully.

Poor Andrew has to put up with a lot of different random things to eat in our house, some good, some not so good, usually with no asking if it is something he would like to have. So one day I asked, "would you like pistachio encrusted salmon for dinner?" as I was pulling the ingredients out. The answer was a sold "Hell No! I don't like nuts on my meat!" That was a crazy answer to me. But I felt bad for the experiment with chayote we had with our dinner the night before, so I complied and grilled sans nut salmon was had for dinner.

What is a girl to do with a bag of nuts? Well ice cream was made, and eaten, and loved. Fortunately Andrew doesn't like nuts in his ice cream either so I didn't have to share, and enjoyed savouring all the creamy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment