Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lavender Shortbread


I loved the idea of Lavender Shortbread cookies, but I had never tried them before. Then, recently at the farmer's market I found a local farmer with lavender for sale.

I found a recipe that sounded really great as it called for lemon zest and fresh mint.

The cookies were pretty easy to make, and I loved the way the house smelled. The lavender was really strong and the finished cookies easily doubled as room fresheners.

The finished cookies were tasty. But not
something I would ever want more than one of. I took the cookies to a dinner party and everyone was pleasantly surprised at how good lavender tasted.

I don't think I would make them again. I think they would be a nice touch as a one bite accompaniment to an afternoon tea. I think they are memorable and would add a special touch to just the right event.










No comments:

Post a Comment