Monday, August 31, 2009

Double Chocolate Cookies

Wow these cookies are insanely good. I was going to cut the recipe in half, but at the last minute decided to make the entire recipe. I am so glad I did because we enjoyed every last crumb, but I am also very happy I didn't sit and eat them all, which I could very well have done.

The batter was fantastic. I started out with a bowl that was too small and the creamy vanilla coffee flavoured batter was really yummy. I was almost sad to mix it with the chocolate. But then I did, and wow a whole new tasty treat.

Andrew's description of the cookies is right on. He calls them the chocolate chip cookies that got taken over by the chocolate chips. The whole thing is a melty chocolate chip with chocolate chucks throughout. I would love to make more of these cookies, but I am afraid that I will have to spend every other waking hour at the gym.

I never counted how many cookies were finally produced, I stopped at 40. These were not bite sized, but regular full out. I took most of them on a camping trip. I brought them out on the first night when people started making smores. Everyone was very fond of them and requested them in the evenings and throughout the days. I also found they made great cookie sandwiches with roasted marshmallow filling. That is how we finished off the last couple. Andrew introduced me to roasted marshmallows via a stovetop element.



No comments:

Post a Comment