Monday, August 31, 2009

Busy Little Baker

I am not sure what I have been doing, but I have been super busy. Maybe just life... or maybe my husband, the new graduate, is actually at home during daylight hours, and awake!

I have been keeping up with the Baking Beauties, I have just been a bad blogger. I will post all the entries next, because there have been some wonderful creations. But first here are some random things I have been whipping up.

I made a no bake, raw food diet friendly - Key Lime tart. I thought I had a picture but now can't find one. They had a chocolate, coconut, pecan, and raisin crust. The filling was an insanely sweet lime and avocado puree. It was pretty intense. But really tasty. I have also been trying my hand at some Indian dishes which have been great successes.

I am super proud of my beef and onion pies. I can't believe how well the little pies turned out. I used the crust recipe from the Blueberry-Nectarine Pie. The filling was courtesy of a Jamie Oliver recipe. These were a thumbs up from my picky Andrew.
I am starting to feel like a baker. Which is crazy to say, and I am really proud. People even started calling me a baker and expecting treats. I will let you know these are people who has been fed Double Chocolate Cookies (I think that is really all I need to say). My cupboards were getting full of odds and ends. I always chuckle and think of Tina's Chocolate Salami, so I whipped up a Chocolate Pizza. Shortbread crust, with a chocolate whipping cream and butter sauce. The topping was an assortment of random nuts and shaved coconut. It was mmmmm tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment