Sunday, January 10, 2010

Nectarine Upside-Down Chiffon Cake

I was really excited to try making this cake. A brown sugar, butter and nectarine topped cake with an almond streusel centre layer.

The cake was a dream to make. Maybe it was because it only took an evening rather than a multi-day event. I enjoy baking, but I don't enjoy all the waiting called for in so many recipes.

This cake is really good. Andrew loved it, which was a nice surprise. My only complaint is that there is a ton of butter in each layer, and the cake was very moist (almost wet) as a result. It took much longer than the indicated bake time and I probably could have baked it even longer.

Really nice to flip and remove the pan and have the cake look perfect. Much much better than the Boca Negra incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment