Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Merry Christmas to Me!

Hello Kitty! Who is your friend?

2009 has been an exciting year. Thanks to the Baking Beauties I fancy myself as a good little baker now. I have really enjoyed learning about baking, learning the importance of following a recipe correctly, and learning that sometimes its not me but a bad recipes. Butter tarts have been causing me some issues lately, but I refuse to give up just yet.

My hand blender took a real beating this year (funny??!?!). I have broken dough hooks and the motor is a little sad these days. Boxing day sales just couldn't be resisted and while Andrew dragged me from electronic store to electronic store I happen across an amazing deal. I am now a very proud own of my first stand mixer.

Today was my first try and I couldn't believe the wonder. I whipped up a pie crust dough in a snap and I didn't have to worry about my warm hands melting the butter chunks. The final crust was light and flakey - my best to date!

The pie filling wasn't too shabby either, a mix of fruit from the fridge and freezer that needed to be used which included blueberries, raspberries, peaches and lemons.

1 comment: