Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sausage Pie

I am super excited. I made up this recipe and it is really yummy. Good thing, because my poor husband had to wait until 8pm for dinner. If the tables were turned I wouldn't have been so accommodating.

I needed a place to write down the "recipe" so I could make it again. Didn't really have measurements :)

Individual Sausage Pies (Sausage Cupcakes??)

Filling:
Pork Sausage (1 pound - remove filling from the casing and chop up) saute first with a little olive oil and set aside.
Use the same pan with a little olive oil and saute...
Carrots (diced) 2 handfuls
Celery (diced) 1 handful
Onion (diced) 2 handfuls
Garlic (finely chopped) 1 clove
Once soft add dash of cinnamon and dash of nutmeg, some salt and pepper then add...
Spinach 2 big handfuls
Parsley (roughly chopped) 1 handful

Crust:
1/2 cup flour
1/8 cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
once mixed blend in 51 ml unsalted butted
slowly add almond milk until dough comes together

I made four in an oversized muffin tin. Baked until it looked golden, about 30 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment